Dr. Hootan Daneshmand
Scarless Neck Lift
Scarless Neck Lift in Orange County & Bakersfield
What Causes Neck Sagging?Neck sagging is an inevitable part of aging that will affect all of us at one point or another. As we age, not only do we lose collagen and elasticity in our skin, but our face and neck muscles become loose. The result is the dreaded “turkey neck” or “double chin” that won’t respond to cosmetic creams, diet, or exercise.
Solutions for Neck Sagging
The good news is that there are countless surgical and nonsurgical procedures that can tighten loose skin on the neck, without leaving behind unsightly scars. At Silhouette Plastic Surgery Institute, these are the main procedures we offer that can tighten loose skin and help you maintain a more youthful appearance.
- Vertical Restore: This procedure targets the lower face and neck and results in long-lasting results as well as minimal scarring.
- Non-Surgical Neck Lift: There are dozens of non-surgical neck lift methods available, including new suture suspension technology, Botox and filler injections, CO2 laser resurfacing, microneedling, Ultherapy, and more. These procedures will not cause neck lift scarring.
- Face and Neck Liposuction: Most people know that they can get liposuction on their thighs or stomach, but not many realize that they can get liposuction on their face, neck, and jawline too. Fat removal in the lower face is commonly combined with a “short scar neck lift” for optimal results.
- Surgical Neck Lift: Neck lift surgery is the most invasive and painful way to improve the appearance of sagging skin. Additionally, surgery will most likely leave behind noticeable neck lift scars, even if they’re hidden behind the ears.
A vertical restore is a type of facelift surgery that targets the lower half of the face as well as the neck.
Once the patient is sedated with general or local anesthesia, Dr. Daneshmand will begin the vertical restore procedure by making a small incision behind each ear and within the hairline. Then, he will elevate and reposition the facial tissues and muscle bands. Then, he’ll suture everything in place, close up the incisions, and send the patient out to recovery.
Over the course of several weeks, many patients will notice a drastic difference in their lower face and loose neck skin from this neck lift procedure. The best part is that the vertical restore creates a youthful, natural looking appearance, not the stretched and tight look associated with other facelift methods.
Face and Neck Liposuction
Face, neck, and chin liposuction is best for people who are on the younger side (younger than 40), and who struggle more with a double chin than turkey neck.
Dr. Daneshmand will make a small incision near the treatment area and insert a thin tube, called a cannula, attached to a suctioning device. He will then begin breaking up and removing stubborn fat cells in the face, jaw, and neck area. Once swelling goes down over the course of a few weeks, the patient will see the final results – a slimmer and more youthful face and neck.
Non-Surgical Neck Lift
There are countless non-surgical neck lift options to choose from that don’t leave any visible scarring. On top of that, they’re all minimally invasive procedures, meaning that there is minimal downtime and recovery required. So most patients can go home the same day and be back at work the very next day.
At Silhouette Plastic Surgery Institute, we offer the following non-surgical options to improve sagging skin in the neck:
- Laser Treatment: CO2 laser skin resurfacing can trigger collagen production in the skin, which can reduce the appearance of loose neck skin and other skin quality issues such as wrinkles, sun spots, age spots, acne scars, etc.
- Microneedling also works by triggering collagen production by making “micro injuries” in the skin. The result is skin tightening in the face, jawline, and neck areas.
- Ultherapy basically heats up the skin with ultrasound energy which results in increased collagen production as well.
- Botox Injections: Botox used in the neck area is called a Nefertiti Lift. The Botox will temporarily relax the muscle bands in the neck which will result in a more youthful appearance.
- Myellevate Procedure: The Myellevate method is among the newest minimally invasive neck lift procedures on the market. Unlike the other nonsurgical procedures, you will be sedated, likely with local anesthesia. Dr. Daneshmand will make a few small puncture holes along the jawline. He will then insert a needle and thread into the skin using a ICLED® light guided suture system. From there, Dr. D will suture loose muscles together. Think of a thread lift – except the results from the Myellevate treatment last much longer. The recovery time will be a bit longer than other non-surgical neck lifts, but many patients say the desired results are well worth it.
Neck Lift Surgery
The most invasive neck lift procedure out there is the classic surgical neck lift. Now that there are so many non-invasive options available, many people will avoid this surgical procedure in order to avoid the possibility of neck lift scars. The scars are typically hidden behind the ears and hairline, but still, many patients understandably don’t want to risk visible scarring and even scar revision surgery.
So – how is a neck lift performed? The answer depends on the type of surgical procedure you choose. Dr. Daneshmand will begin the neck lift procedure by making an incision behind the ears that extends down to the posterior hairline, sort of under the hair near the nape of the neck. He will then elevate the tissues and muscle on the face and neck.
If the patient is wanting a more minimally invasive surgical option that results in less scarring, then Dr. D will suggest a short scar neck lift. During this procedure, he will make small incisions behind or under the chin in order to pull up the platysma muscles in the neck.
Call Silhouette Plastic Surgery Institute for a Scarless Neck Lift Today
If your self-confidence is suffering due to loose skin in the lower face and neck, you may be a good candidate for a neck lift procedure. At Silhouette Plastic Surgery Institute, we offer countless procedures that can tighten excess skin without resulting in neck lift scarring and possible scar revision surgery.
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Daneshmand has been performing neck lifts for over 30 years. You can trust that he will provide outstanding results without visible scarring. Check out our neck lift gallery and then call 949-359-8397 today to schedule an appointment.