Dr. Hootan Daneshmand
Buttock Rejuvenation Surgery or Brazilian Butt Lift
Buttock Rejuvenation and BBL in Bakersfield, CA
Your body’s shape and proportions can greatly affect your personal level of confidence. Cosmetic surgeons work on a variety of different body parts, including the buttocks. This area is especially important for many people, as it helps to achieve an attractive, well-proportioned body. While there are many ways to achieve your ideal buttock shape, the Brazilian Butt Lift, or BBL surgery, is one of the most recognizable. A BBL surgery involves transferring fat from a different part of the body into the buttock area to achieve your ideal shape and fullness without the need for implants.
At the Silhouette Plastic Surgery Institute in Bakersfield, California, we recognize that many people associate attractive, shapely buttocks with beauty and health. Classical art pieces and modern fashion both tend to emphasize the importance of full, round buttocks. As a board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Daneshmand performs BBL surgeries regularly, on many different patients and body types. If you’d like to schedule your complimentary BBL surgery consultation, or to learn about butt implants Orange County, feel free to call our office at 949-359-8397.
What is a Buttock Augmentation?
Buttock augmentation surgery involves using implants, fat grafting or sometimes a combination of both to increase the size of your buttocks. This procedure can increase fullness, roundness and projection of your buttock, improve the balance of your figure and enhance your self-image and self-confidence. Buttock augmentation surgery is right for someone who does not like the shape of their buttock or is looking to balance their body. It is performed in one of two ways, with implants or fat transfer: The fat transfer procedure is commonly known as a Brazilian butt lift.
Why Should I Have a BBL surgery?
In this day and age, we have the surgical ability to overcome our genetics and enhance our bodies. The proportions and overall shape of a person’s buttocks are usually determined by genetics. However, with the help of a board-certified plastic surgeon, you can achieve a better shape than the one you were born with. BBL surgery reshapes the entire buttock area, including the hips, lower back, thighs, and the buttocks themselves. Below, we list some of the most common reasons why our patients undergo BBL surgery.
- Balance the proportions of your upper and lower body
- Help your clothing to fit in a more attractive manner
- Give shape and roundness to flat buttocks
- Reduce fat pockets surrounding the buttock area
- Enhance your lower body’s curves and proportions
Am I a Good Candidate for BBL Surgery?
Many different patients find satisfaction and confidence after a BBL surgery. However, like every surgery, it is not the ideal choice for every candidate. Some patients benefit much more from BBL surgery than others. Some individuals cannot undergo this procedure at all, due to reasons we explain below. Our surgeons offer their insight on which types of patients are ideal for this procedure.
- Patients who experience unhappiness or disappointment with their natural shape, but still maintain realistic expectations for their surgery results.
- Those who have lost volume and shape from weight loss or aging.
- Those who want to enhance their buttock size without the need for implants.
- Patients who have plenty of fat stores in the areas surrounding the buttocks.
- Patients who are generally active and healthy.
- Individuals who do not have underlying medical conditions which interfere with a BBL surgery.
- Those who have plenty of time after the surgery to rest, recover, and avoid sitting.
How Do I Choose a Surgeon for My BBL Surgery?
While deciding who to choose for your BBL surgery, you should take many things into consideration. This is a complex procedure that requires a high level of skill, as well as an eye for aesthetic appeal. Not every cosmetic surgeon is equally talented in the buttock augmentation realm. However, Dr. D at the Silhouette Plastic Surgery Institute has extensive experience performing a number of cosmetic procedures, including BBL surgery. While you consult with surgeons about your procedure, as for things like before and after photos, the number procedures they have performed, and more. This helps to get a basic understanding of how capable your surgeon is, and whether you should choose them for your procedure.
What Happens During a BBL Surgery?
BBL surgery is basically a fat transfer procedure around the buttock area. At Silhouette Plastic Surgery Institute, we believe that an informed patient is better off than an uninformed patient. That’s why we’ve outlined below the basic steps of a BBL surgery.
- Your surgeon administers either local anesthesia for smaller volumes of fat or general anesthesia for higher volumes of fat transferred. If you often experience nausea from anesthesia, we provide anti-nausea medication beforehand.
- Then, your surgeon performs liposuction on the areas surrounding your buttocks, like the thighs, hips, or stomach. This is done by making small incisions in the appropriate areas, and inserting the liposuction tube into the body to remove the fat stores.
- These fat stores are purified and prepared for injection back into the buttock area.
- Your surgeon injects the purified fat into the buttock area in a way that improves its shape. Generally, this involves around 3-5 incisions.
- Once the procedure is complete, your surgeon will stitch closed the incisions. Then, your surgeon applies a compression garment to the area in order to minimize bleeding.
What Is Recovery Like?
In general, we say that recovery periods last an average of 6 weeks. During the first two weeks of your recovery, we recommend avoiding sitting or lying on the buttock area at all, or as much as you can help it. Sleeping on your side or on your stomach is best during this period. If you cannot avoid sitting, use a donut pillow. Some patients use these pillows for up to eight weeks after their BBL surgery.
Most patients receive the green light from their surgeon to resume light activity after about a week. After around 10 or so days, they may resume working. If you exercise regularly, and use advanced techniques, we recommend avoiding anything other than light activity for around 6-8 weeks, which is full recovery. During this time period, we invite you to come back to our office for routine checkups, and assess your recovery on an individual basis. We make our recommendations based on your body and how it heals, not based on averages or general practices. No matter what, Dr. D always recommends what is best for your body.
Pros and Cons of a BBL
As with every procedure, butt lift surgery has both pros and cons. This procedure has been and is actively growing in popularity, thanks in part to social media. It has many benefits, which helps to boost its acclaim. In this section, Dr. Daneshmand lists out the pros and cons of a BBL surgery to keep in mind before deciding to go under the knife.
Pros of a BBL
- The finished product looks more natural than the product of buttock implants.
- All necessary incisions are small, and not very noticeable.
- In the end, you have a more attractive buttock area.
- The fat taken out during the liposuction portion is gone.
Drawbacks of a BBL
- Due to its surgical nature, it has risks, just like any other surgery. These risks include infection, scarring, lumps under the skin, loss of skin, and fat embolism.
- The buttock area is an integral part of just about everyone’s day. After your BBL surgery, you won’t be able to sit for at least a week, possibly longer.
- Around 40% of the liposuctioned fat might be reabsorbed by the body over time.
BBL Surgery in Bakersfield & Orange County, California
Attractive buttocks are often associated with health and sensuality, as seen in classic art as well as current fashion and popular culture. Although what is deemed the perfect bottom may vary among cultures and individuals, some attractive qualities are nearly universal. Orange County Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Hootan Daneshmand at Silhouette Plastic Surgery Center performs buttock rejuvenation surgery to help women and men have the full, rounded buttocks they want.
If you’re looking for the right BBL surgery specialist for the results you want, the Silhouette Plastic Surgery Institute in California offers top-of-the-line Brazilian butt lift procedures. Whether you’re looking to improve your shape or gain volume, Dr. Daneshmand is here to help. As a board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience and training, Dr. D loves his work and loves helping patients. To schedule your complimentary consultation with Dr. D, or for other procedures such as a breast lift or facelift surgery, call 949-359-8397 today.